A couple of things worth knowing…
• the Ticats announced the re-signings of offensive tackle Jake Olson and defensive back Cleshawn Page yesterday. I reported Olson some time ago – he Tweeted he was coming back – though I think the Page news is new.
Either way, I like both these signings. Olson is coming back from a torn patella and may not be ready until mid-season but he was developing into a very solid left tackle when he got hurt last September. Re-signing him now gives him some peace of mind while he rehabs at terms that are likely more team-friendly than they would have been otherwise.
As for Page, he hasn’t played much – four games with two starts at corner – but he knows the system favoured by defensive coordinator Orlondo Steinauer, With defensive backs Ed Gainey and Brandon Stewart moving on, the injury to safety Craig Butler and the loss of Erik Harris to the NFL, the secondary will be getting an overhaul this season. Page should be in the mix.
• though official details haven’t been announced, the Ticats will be hosting a mini-camp of some sort at the end of April. Sounds like the team is planning on bringing mostly newly-signed players and guys they want to have a look at over veterans (much as they’ve done the last couple of years.)
Latest posts by Drew Edwards (see all)
- Ticats Mike Filer shaves his beard, honours his mom - January 17, 2018
- Five things still on the Ticats to-do list - January 17, 2018
- Eight possible landing spots for Darian Durant - January 16, 2018