Former coordinator Jeff Reinebold: Ticats are going to win big under June Jones

The departed Jeff Reinebold still believes the Ticats are going to be a formidable team under June Jones.

“Ticat fans I’m telling you right now: you guys are going to win and you’re going to win big and you’re going to win the right way. Because you’ve got a guy as a head coach that’s second to none and I mean second to none,” Reinebold said on TSN 1150 radio in Hamilton.

The 60-year-old new B.C. Lions special teams coordinator had really, really, really strong hopes that he would be back in Hamilton with Jones.

“The whole thing started with a conversation about Thanksgiving time. My hope had always been to go back to Hamilton, especially when June came because you’re talking about a guy that I have the utmost respect and love for in the world,” Reinbold said.

He was with the Lions organization once previously from 1991-1993.

“I’m excited about the opportunity to go and work with Wally Buono, the winningest coach in the history of the game. Solomon Elimimian was a freshman and sophomore linebacker with us when I was at the University of Hawaii. They got Chris Rainey who is, in my mind, one of the most dangerous returners in the league. He’s in the neighbourhood, I don’t know if he’s living in the same house, but he’s living in the neighbourhood with Speedy B.”

28 Comments on Former coordinator Jeff Reinebold: Ticats are going to win big under June Jones

1. Man I wish Reinebold was still in Hamilton,would be good for not only the Cats but also good for the city to have a stand up individual a really cool customer will be really missed as a person.

• richinbanff (Rich Wilson) // December 22, 2017 at 6:40 pm //

I wish we had him back because I feel he is an outstanding special teams coach.

2. Paul Smith // December 22, 2017 at 1:20 pm //

Is there an indirect shot at Kent Austin here?

• Sea of Dead // December 22, 2017 at 10:15 pm //

Absolutely! Reinebold had already inferred disloyalty in a prior statement and I’m sure that he has a lot more to say about his time under KA but better to say less now and avoid jeopardizing any future football opportunities by bad mouthing a former coach now.

3. solara2000 // December 22, 2017 at 2:06 pm //

Hey it’s Christmas. Lets take JR’s comments for what they are – complimentary to JJ. Any ‘unsaid’ comments are a shout-out to the ‘Cats, their players and staff and the City of Hamilton.
    Merry Christmas!

4. JR’s taking the high road and complementing a guy he respects, and backing a roster of players he likes. I don’t think he was ever a me-first guy, and his players respected him. Would have been great to have him back, but KA’s the roadblock there. Very effective and innovative ST coordinator.

5. Wait, did he just say June Jones is a better coach than HIS CURRENT BOSS, Wally Buono? WTH?

6. Harry Bradshaw // December 22, 2017 at 2:42 pm //

It’s too bad that Reinebold couldn’t stay here. I think he is a really good ST coordinator and he’s also a really decent guy. I wish him all the best in Vancouver!

7. You can read between the lines here, that’s for sure. For one Reinhold stated June Junes is second to none, when it comes to head coaches. Is he comparing Junes to one of his former coaches here? And secondly he knows and respects Jones, but he just put a hell of lot of pressure and expectations on June Junes as the new HC. Regardless of what this article or radio interview stated, don’t really like Reinhold wanted to come back to Hamilton, after what happened last season. It’s too bad Jeff (hindsight is great) that Jeff just didn’t remain as a ST’s coordinator, where he was successful. All the best to him he B.C. though.

8. Oh relax people. Just my advice, but your lives will improve immensely if you stop reading into things.

It’s a classy statement by Reinebold and I doubt he meant any kind of disrespect to anyone by stating it. I wish him the best in BC, he was a heck of a special teams coordinator in Hamilton and they’re getting a good one.

9. Reinbold is correct, Hamilton will be a huge factor in the hunt for second place in the East next season.

• Ha, ha! Same guy who said his favourite Bruno moment was 1983. You’re one funny individual! Hey, Mr. 57, if your numeral is in some way connected to the year 1957, your Argos failed to qualify, matter of fact TC’s won the GC that year…wait for it…in Toronto…LOL!

• Bad officiating in 1957 Philski!
        In all seriousness Hamilton will be a factor (along with Ottawa) for the second spot in the eastern division, much improved under June Jones.
        Keep your spirits up there is hope!
        Happy Holidays Philski.

• Bad officiating? LOL…yeah I know what you mean…like that phantom PI call on Gerald Bess in the 1983 EF? I was there. The officiating literally willed the Argos to the GC. Hell it was even worse than the 2014 GC where the Stumps were handed the cup. But perhaps we’ll agree on one thing – Marsden, Mccann, Stephenson…nothing even close resembles that crew today, eh?

• LOL
            I was there as well, wasn’t the official that made that call from Hamilton?

• Agreed Philski, telecasts were very good back in the day.
            Now we have to suffer through Rod Black on a weekly basis.

• Yes he was…Ross Perrier…TC referee nemesis extraordinaire…believe he’s some distant relation to Andre Proulx. Anyway, good holidays to you buddy!

10. Masoli & Manziel will be terrific together in Hamilton.

• NotSantaClaus // December 22, 2017 at 10:49 pm //

Masoli and Manziel would be great if both are out of Hamilton next season.

• So what’s your option? Golson? Or are you one of those fns still clinging on to the believe that somehow the 1.5 m dollar man rises like the Phoenix, out of the ashes, and leads the TC’s to a GC?

11. Talk is cheap as they say. Hope the Lions and TiCats both make it to the big game in 2018. Would be a very interesting game.

12. Perhaps we’ll be witness to round 3. Round 1 was Mosca vs Fleming with the resulting knockout. Round 2 old Mosca vs old Kapp with the resulting knockout . Round 3 Ted Laurent vs Lulay . Down goes Frazier ! Down goes Frazier ! Lions and TiCats would be a great Grey Cup .

13. Too much “Fake News” happening here…