Bo knows trolls: Mitchell deletes Twitter

Stampeders franchise quarterback Bo Levi Mitchell has shut down his Twitter account and it’s not coming back.

“There’s a 30-day recourse period where you can turn your Twitter back on and I went ahead and let that pass. So the Twitter is completely and fully deleted,” Mitchell said.

The 2016 CFL MOP provided interesting insight and stirred the pot sometimes on the social media platform – just ask Riders fans.

“They’re one of my favourite fan bases, it’s always fun to have people get you motivated for the game. Honestly, it was more of a personal family decision just to get off social media and stop listening to negativity and focus in on my personal life,” Mitchell said.

“I just wanted to rein in the focus and make sure I was giving myself and my team everything that I had. I’m already doing a radio show so anything that I need to talk about or say can be put out there. I just felt like with the negativity and whatnot trending towards social media today I thought it was a good time to get off. And I thought Huf would like that too.”

“Amen,” Stampeders John Hufnagel said with a laugh.

The 28-year-old has one year remaining on his current contract which runs through the end of the 2018 season.

“If Bo completes the 12 months, non-Twitter, I’ll start getting into negotiations with him,” Hufnagel said with a chuckle.

“Right now we have a year left on the contract,” Mitchell said. “And my job is to focus on this year of football and play the absolute best I can so that they want to re-sign me.”

Justin Dunk

Justin Dunk

Justin Dunk was a five-year starter at quarterback for the University of Guelph. He covers the league for Sportsnet and 3DownNation.
Justin Dunk
Justin Dunk
About Justin Dunk (870 Articles)

64 Comments on Bo knows trolls: Mitchell deletes Twitter

1. A sign of a man more focused and determined than ever to prove he’s the best there is and his desire to win his SECOND Grey Cup a sign of maturity.

• riderontheisland // April 18, 2018 at 3:25 pm //

• lol
        You are venom. You know it’s true and you know his Twitter counterpart on the riders can’t match this

• Puck Hog // April 18, 2018 at 9:42 pm //

Remember little Bo’s tweet where he arrogantly suggested to DURON CARTER not to play db cuz Bo would make him pay? And DURON CARTER pick-sixed him!! Just a sec…….I can’t stop laughing……..poor, poor Red.

• Sign of a little man who can’t handle social media.

2. Smart move, brought some of it on himself but some people take it way too far regardless.

3. Scottsask // April 18, 2018 at 3:31 pm //

Agreed, looks like he’s growing up, I hope Duron Carter follows his lead.

• Pennyrocker // April 18, 2018 at 3:49 pm //

NAH Carter way too clever to turn off his Twitter.

• Carter is not clever. He’s a spoiled rich kid with no concept of real life consequences. And rider nation enables him further.

4. MR. Green // April 18, 2018 at 3:49 pm //

Was Twitter that much of a distraction for the little fella? I don’t do social media, but I read sports and Twitter seems to cause havoc. Took his ball and went home. I rather he type and keep his mouth shut.

• I bet if that “little fella” threw a ball to you with maximum force, you’d be headed to the emergency crying in pain

• If only he could throw it to his receivers when it counts.

• 13-4-1, Grey Cup berth, Dominating game until 1 devastating play occur, Bo STILL puts Calgary in position to win it at the end
          What did Zack Colaros do in the last 40 seconds of 2014 Grey Cup…… F ALL!!

• Riders23 // April 18, 2018 at 7:51 pm //

And Down to the canvas goes MR. Red again !!!! How much longer can this man sustain this intellectual and comedic beat downs, its almost inspirational to real underdog sports teams how he can get up from so many beat downs !!!! Take mercy on the little fella Yup —- , let him live in his own little fantasy stamp land where his stamps win the GC every year and sweep the entire post season awards due to their greatness, ohhh and yeah avoid colossal CHOKES when the REAL pressure is on !!!!!

• BUT!!! After he was “screwed by the ref” he had 40 seconds to lead his team to the winning TD and didn’t come close; he didn’t get past the 35 yard line! At least Bo but them into a position to have a reasonable chance to score!

5. Trolls keep talking but Bo can’t hear them. Brilliant!

6. Paul Smith // April 18, 2018 at 4:00 pm //

Now if only Trump would follow his lead.

7. It is time for the stamps/riders fans to grow up.

• Huff's Neighbor // April 18, 2018 at 4:59 pm //

Says who? All we are doing is defending ourselves against childish loser Stump fans.

8. Lol What BO the Rat can’t handle the negativity of choking 2 years in a row? AWWEEEE its okay little muffin. A real professional can handle the good with the bad. Just goes to show, its easy to get under his skin.

9. Riders23 // April 18, 2018 at 4:28 pm //

Awe poor little BO Peep cant handle the heat , so he bailed, I am positive it has EVERYTHING to with 1.) I don’t get PAID to do twitter, I get paid for doing Ridio Ill focus there. 2.) I am deleting my social media accounts because I DONT WANT MY personal information mined!!! like a growing number of his fellow americans are doing . No real alturistic socially responsible or team come first reasons comming out train wreck Bo Peep EVER!!!! Well Bo Peep can sure twist and turna good YARN !!! guess it comes from all the practice of trying to explain two humongous CHOKE jobs in back to back Grey Cup games, while taking no personal responsibility for those losses and throwing others under the buss to cushion his fall. Bo Peep has a future in American politics for sure as the NFL gig will never play out, unless a team needs a replacement for a punting machine tossing balls to retunrers // or additional water fetcher, lol .. Thanks for keeping us amused Bo Peep I needed a Wednesday afternoon laugh.

10. He’s obviously emotionally weak

11. Riders23 // April 18, 2018 at 4:36 pm //

Just one more : Peep’s personal reason for deleting TWITTER —- TO MANY TWEETS coming in from current and former teammates involved in criminal activiites/thug life or just bored in lock-up— he is concerned his parents Katie Texas seeing the tweets will ground him and NOT let him come out6 and play football in MC DUMP this season.. ON a side note Hufnagel for same reason wishes he could abandon his social media to many contacts from the ex-criminals he recruited to the league trophy Wifey is worried!!!!

12. lol
    Oh I just love how short minded rider fans are.
    Last year they lambasted BLM for his cockiness and “classless” comments on twitter. Now that he’s turned it off he’s called a coward and weak minded for now being able to take it the responses!
    I think rider fans are scared, they know this is a sign of Bo’s focus and maturity which will only make him better- and he was already pretty amazing!
    They are also scared because they know Carter has yet to take similar steps and continues to be a dumb ass, they know the longer this continues the more eminent it is that the time bomb goes off for good.
    The fact is, Bo could cure cancer tomorrow and it wouldn’t satisfy rider fans. I can relate, it’s exactly the same I felt as a youngster watch Wayne Gretzky develop and the Edmonton Oilers leaving my Flames in their dust.

• Gainer Jr // April 18, 2018 at 4:56 pm //

Mr red…we can only hope you do the same thing. Just delete your social media, quit with the 100 dumba** comments on every post (we get it you hate the Riders blah blah blah), give your keyboard warrior hands a break (cause we all know you couldn’t fight your way out of a paper bag), and leave your moms basement for the 1st time in years. The sun helps with your white sickly complexion ya know. Good riddance Mr red…and White Horse…and Jeff Stamp…and ter…and all the other aliases you go by.

• You would be lost if Duron shut his twitter off – you spend more time on it than he does.

Actually – you pay more attention to the Riders than you do the team you claim to cheer for.

13. Scottsask // April 18, 2018 at 4:51 pm //

I never said that. Children, please grow up.

14. just saying // April 18, 2018 at 4:54 pm //

something really smells

15. the whole point of this story flies clear over the head of rider nation

• Like how COMMON SENSE flies over your head regularly ?

• Please acknowledge this mature move on BLM’s part

• Get stuffed – he probably thought it best after he yapped off last time and Duron burned him.

• Or he figures maturing is the best way to further his career.
            FYI he was still on twitter LONG after that meaningless incident, hang your hat on it!!!!

16. Scottsask // April 18, 2018 at 5:19 pm //

Wrong

17. Scottsask // April 18, 2018 at 5:27 pm //

Let me rephrase that. I mean, not the ones with any emotional intelligence or strength. This place is sadly lacking in both, and you’re at the front of the line. The whole point of this site is for sports entertainment unfortunately it is constantly ruined by trolls on both sides. Actual dialogue can be had between sports fans with good natured ribbing, just not here sadly. Good day children.

• Well said!

• Green&Gold // April 18, 2018 at 7:00 pm //

No kidding. Let’s talk football

• Riders23 // April 18, 2018 at 9:28 pm //

Your right Scott, I feel compelled to apologize for my two childish comments here, your right they wer meant to dig at RED and express my lack of compassion and respect for IMO the blow hard BLM, not really the general fan base of the Stampeders. Again honestly after reading other posts this evening by Mr Red I have concluded I need to only comment on strictly football matters to other honorable posters and totally ignore any post by RED or any of his comment on my posts. ( Red or any his many other handles ) I firmly realize after his posting this evening his desire is not to come her and engage in ration discussion about football, he is here to IMO agitate/frustrate others and fill very sick and twisted personal need to have people engage him in his definition of immature conversation. I do wish the monitors of the sight would make it clear to MR. Red his behavior is more damaging then helpful to this web sight. I also hope MR. Red does get at some point some assistance for his psychotic/neurotic tendancies and masters some communication skills at the adult level. My apology again to ya Scott and other mature posters for my poor comments in this article .

18. Scottsask // April 18, 2018 at 7:04 pm //

Thanks TJ, have a great night doing grown up things.

19. Scottsask // April 18, 2018 at 7:04 pm //

Also to you Green and Gold.

20. Scottsask // April 18, 2018 at 7:10 pm //

If the clowns that run this site have no interest in moderating it I guess it will be up to us. Good evening football fans.

21. True Green // April 18, 2018 at 7:16 pm //

Good for a Bo. Social media is generally a waste of time. Whatever his reasons are I wish more Players would follow in his example.

It would give a lot less crap article to write about and maybe we could spend more time talking about football here!

22. Lavinia Vanlandingham // April 18, 2018 at 9:59 pm //

The moronic conversations in response to this article are exactly what Bo’s referring to. As soon as a discourse resorts to a dig, a name-call or a personal attack, it’s dead. Makes me yearn for the days when newspapers were written by people with educations and talkback from trolls was virtually nonexistent.

23. I will point something out to you guys:

This is my very first comment on this subject:
    “A sign of a man more focused and determined than ever to prove he’s the best there is and his desire to win his SECOND Grey Cup a sign of maturity”

This was the response to my first comment: From riderontheisland
    “As usual you spew BS. A mature person wouldn’t have to talk about it at all and just do it. He is trying to convince the fans that he is “Serious” when really I think he is desperate over playoff failures.”

So tell me guys, who the F*** was trolling who? Who provoked the nastiness????????

Get real guys and be Objective for once.

24. So instead of the admittedly great job he was doing generating interest in the CFL among a new generation he was forced to quit by the wheatard fans. A sad day indeed that a group of under priveledged dullard inbreeders with nothing but a sad sack team to cheer for have ruined it for us all, again.

• lol How have the Rider fans ruined it for anyone? If he had thicker skin, he would still be on the social media. Just another yuppie from Alberta thinking they are better than their counterparts from the East. Which by the way helped your province get to where it is today. I’d show a bit more respect before you start spewing that dribble. If I wanted dribble, I’d have you wipe it from the corner of your mouth.

• Are you kidding me?
        So when someone instigates with me, I’m a thin skinned wimp.
        But when I supposedly instigate I’m a troll and all you rider fans are victims of my behavior???

• I don’t kid.
          Just curious, who instigated the separation of these good forums. I’ll tell you right now it wasn’t a Rider fan. *Cough* a certain stampeder fan *cough*
          I don’t like to point fingers or anything… *cough* man/child of many handles..Points finger. ^ *cough*

• once again you don’t understand the topic

• I understand the article. Baby BO couldn’t handle the heat in the kitchen, so he had to leave. He thinks its going to help let him focus on producing better on field. When realistically most professional athletes can handle the pressure and thrive in it. It’s not like he lives in a fishbowl in Calgary.. He’s basically a nobody in the city. Hell they can barely put peoples butts in the stands. Kind of sad really.
            But again you seemed to have deflected my question. You are very good at dodging the main issues.

• Honestly.. 95% of the people on this page wants you to vanish and never to show up again. Sorry, not sorry to be blunt.

• So what were you saying this time last year about Bo’s tweets?

• Realistically I don’t really care about what Bo tweets. He takes shots at Gang Green and its fans and players. Then my not caring, turns into caring quickly. I think he’s got thin skin, if he can’t handle the press in the CFL. IF, and I say big, big, giant IF he ever made it to the NFL. My god would he ever crumble under the pressure. He wouldn’t even make it out of training camp.

• Sounds like yo have pretty thin skin too RobE if Bo’s tweets about the riders bother you so much!

FYI, Bo will resign in Calgary this next off season. I’m just fine with him not getting an NFL shot!

• Again I really don’t care. I find it extremely funny that he got pick sixed after he beaked. I bet it felt great to have that crap rubbed back in his face. He seemed to quiet down after that happened. Way to funny.

I agree he will probably resign, he’s not good enough for the NFL. Also this showing of how thin his skin is another indication he can’t handle the pressure. It will probably steer teams away from him overall. You guys can keep him, I’ll take Collaros over him hands down. I’ve been a huge fan of his since he got into the league with Toronto.

25. Will Bo test the NFL in 2019?

• I don’t think so. If he is he certainly isn’t taking much. I recent interviews both Bo and Huff seem to indicate a deal will be worked out after the next CBA

26. Green Apples // April 20, 2018 at 10:02 pm //

Bo likes to dish it out but he can’t take it. That’s why he’s off twitter..plain and simple.