Saskatchewan Roughriders receiver Duron Carter says he thinks a segment of the fan base purchased his jersey after his pair of off-season arrests for marijuana possession.

“Depending on how you feel about whatever you feel about, some people like me even more, some people went and got my jersey, like ‘yeah Saskatchewan green,'” Carter said after the first day of the team’s training camp in Saskatoon.

Carter was charged on Feb. 1 after security officers at the Saskatoon airport found marijuana in Carter’s bag following a search. He was also found with marijuana at the Winnipeg airport last November – possibly pot cookies.

Carter says he doesn’t care if the incidents have impacted his reputation in a negative way.

“I’m done trying to change people’s opinion about me. I’m more about just accepting the people that are there for me and having a whole bunch of fun,” he said. “Eventually, I’m not going to be playing football and you guys are never going to remember Duron Carter again so I’m just going to take advantage of it.”

Carter also had some thoughts on the arrival of Johnny Manziel to the CFL.

245 Comments on ‘Yeah, Saskatchewan green’: Duron Carter says pot busts may have helped his jersey sales

1. Just saying // May 20, 2018 at 5:49 pm //

Duron says thank you Red.

• ill bet he doesnt have his own room or the freedom ive been accustomed to with a part time job.

im rent free to tough guy

2. The bait is out there. Just jigging for Red. Oh was that a nibble…..wait for it.

3. Green&Gold // May 20, 2018 at 5:58 pm //

The guy is having fun. Finally some personalities in the league. Let it be.

4. Take this // May 20, 2018 at 6:04 pm //

There you all go again. You claim you don’t want to hear from Red yet two have already encouraged him and basically invited his comment.

5. Geez Duron

6. Scottsask // May 20, 2018 at 6:12 pm //

Agreed take this, thank you for encouraging posters to take the high road…….oops.

7. Hope Duron puts his head down and backs it all up this season. He’s a very talented player, truly hope he gets his discipline down. “Go Green”…

8. Now 3down – I would like the next thread to be on the return of Jeff Knox.

9. Why would a professional football player celebrate the fact that he’s s dope fiend in a desperate attempt to make some headlines?

You cannot win with self centred prima donnas like this putting their addictions and self-promotion ahead of team.

• Dope fiend. Miss the 50’s much.

• Same reason it’s on here to make headlines would be my guess.

Personally think social media is a huge problem in society these days.

• A sign of the times // May 20, 2018 at 6:45 pm //

Interesting that he doesn’t say that he hopes the Riders beat the TiCats when they play if Manziel is starting; only that he wants to pick him off.

• Lancaster/Reed // May 20, 2018 at 7:02 pm //

Actually, no, its not interesting. It should be a given that you want to win. It isnt necessary to say it, ad naseum. What is interesting, however, is that Duron very much wants to play more on the defensive side of the ball, and would like to play against manziel in that capacity.

• Sask5150 // May 21, 2018 at 9:19 pm //

A lot of player smoke dope it’s a non issue get over it.

10. A sign of the times // May 20, 2018 at 6:40 pm //

Kind of strange that breaking the law increases jersey sales. I guess we all have different criteria for whom we admire and respect. I would prefer to wear a Roosevelt jersey. A Carter jersey is the last one that I would wear.

11. Duron Carter is all world athlete. Supreme, superb, caring indivdual, nobody comes close to his football skill set. Enjoy him while he’s here playing in the CFL.

12. Totally absurd that he’s proud to be a dope addict. It’s like a down-and-out from Winnipeg flaunting that he’s a gas sniff.

This is why he had ZERO chance at getting an NFL contract. Teams would put up with the addictions and selfish antics if his father, but Crackhead Carter had much more talent than Pothead Carter.

• Well there ya go

• Lancaster/Reed // May 20, 2018 at 7:03 pm //

So you never did dope in your 20’s?

• Are you serious with that question?

Of course I’ve never sampled any kind of drug. I don’t even drink alcohol.

FFS, who in their right mind would want to put themselves into a drug/alcohol induced stupor?

• Lancaster/Reed // May 20, 2018 at 7:21 pm //

Who wants to do drugs and alcohol? Apparently lots of people. Not everybody who does is a dope fiend or alcoholic. Ive done both, and was never addicted to either. Lighten up.

• Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 3:30 pm //

You were never an elite athlete and the highest profile person in your province either, were you?

• Duececoupe // May 20, 2018 at 9:27 pm //

Lol so you act this way straight and sober , wow I can only imagine you drunk or high 5

• True green // May 20, 2018 at 9:44 pm //

Well good on you. Now I understand your prima Donna attitude toward pretty much everything you’ve ever commented on.

• Fern Allary // May 21, 2018 at 10:04 am //

So you are this cruel without any drugs or alcohol??? Wow, the humanity..

• Mr Red. // May 24, 2018 at 9:18 am //

I think as long as its readily available …if i ever find a woman and have kids thenm I will let them decide

no fat chicks though

• True green // May 20, 2018 at 9:42 pm //

For someone who is generally very Intellignet in your football analysis, you’re a complete moron in your analysis about Carters drug use. Calling him a dope fiend and comparing him to a gas sniffer evidences your blind bias. Have you ever been drunk? If so I guess you’re nothing more than an alcoholic liquor pig.

• No, I haven’t – – I don’t drink alcohol.

When a guy gets arrested twice in an off season for drug possession and is constantly celebrating his drug use on social media or during interviews, it’s indicative of a problem.

I can’t fathom why someone would willing put themselves into drug/alcohol induced stupor. Especially not an athlete who depends on his body being at its peak.

Perhaps someone could explain the attraction of being in a drug/alcohol fuelled haze?

• Lancaster/Reed // May 20, 2018 at 11:44 pm //

Having a couple of tokes, or a couple of drinks does not put you into a “stupor” or “haze”. Since you have never tried either, nor do you know how much duron may use daily, you dont have a clue what effects it has on him.

• Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 3:32 pm //

You are right, but Carter goes too far. He glorifies the culture. That makes him a “pot head”

• Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 3:37 pm //

I’ve seen Carter jersey’s everywhere, all the transplanted rider fans living in the land of mike and honey are all wearing them. I imagine it’s worse in the rectangle.
            How silly it will look when Carter is released.

• True green // May 21, 2018 at 12:54 am //

I think the main problem DC has is he’s immature and thinks rules don’t apply to him. Those are Pretty big problems frankly. But I’m not going to judge his pot use as problematic from an addictions standpoint. That’s impossible to judge without knowing him personally. I’m not saying he doesn’t have a problem, only that I’m not judging him an Addict based on is public image or poor choices.

• Mr Red. // May 24, 2018 at 9:19 am //

what do you think about fat chicks

• He’s not a dope addict knob.

13. Just saying // May 20, 2018 at 7:04 pm //

Hahaha! Cheer up people, Anyways I’m also wondering what’s happening with Knox.

• I didn’t want to see Marshall go but as he didn’t pass medical, there’s a couple of bucks freed up. Wonder what Knox would be looking for if he clears NFL ?

• Lancaster/Reed // May 20, 2018 at 7:16 pm //

Less than bighill i would think. Knox needs a full season of being a starter in the cfl before he tries again for the nfl . 1 yr deal, with a full training camp and full season of being a starter, assuming he can earn it; would be better than coming back up here in Aug to serve as a back up and special teams again. Thats no way to hone your skills.

14. I’m surprised they aren’t reporting on the major injury suffered in Stamps camp today. You guys didn’t hear????!! Slow footed 3D per usual.

15. I seriously doubt Carter’s jersey sales are up. In my Saskatchewan town I see a lot less Rider Pride in the ‘Jones era’ than I ever used to see. I saw a guy walk into the bakery wearing a Rider cap and the whole coffee row asked if he’d lost a bet.

• What “town” Tom?

• A sign of the times // May 20, 2018 at 7:52 pm //

Funny but true. I have never seen a time when there was less green worn around Saskatchewan. Really, if Duron were a world class athlete, he would be playing in the NFL, not up in Saskatchewan.

• Lancaster/Reed // May 20, 2018 at 8:12 pm //

I call BS. I live in Regina, and work downtown and i see people wearing Rider gear every day. Our office of 40+ has already had a rider day earlier this year.

16. Barry Soetoro // May 20, 2018 at 7:40 pm //

What a stupid thing to say when you’re still awaiting trial. I’ll bet his lawyer just shivers every time Carter opens his mouth.

17. White Horse // May 20, 2018 at 7:47 pm //

Good one Tom. I think Johnny and Duron should play on the same team. They could re-HASH their life so far in football.
    Big story there.

18. Would love to see him sign in Toronto – the Centre of the CFL Universe playing in the Centre of the Universe!

19. Duron is entertaining for sure and he produces. Weed is 99% legal in this country anyway so who cares, move on people. I’m sure all you haters are upset Harry married a half black girl too. LOL.

• A sign of the times // May 20, 2018 at 7:57 pm //

Back to that, huh? Transporting across the border will never be legal so some of us do care. It is an indication of his intelligence or lack of. Probably why he is not playing in the NFL, that and his attitude.

• So did u get punted again, or just change your name after you tried defending yourself on the other thread ?

• Get off your high horse, or probably pony in your case. It was weed cookies. Did they charge him with trafficking? No. So shut the hell up.

• The NFL is the be all see all to you, huh? Society these days eh! People like you still supporting that bum league. Cool man, enjoy your Sundays with fatty wifey.

• He has a better and more optimistic outlook than you do. Are you a communist? I bet you long for those days, Society. Welcome to the 21st century grandpa. I’ll be watching CFL long after you’re 6 feet under….that is if you’re old white ass can even afford a funeral hahaha.

• A sign of the times // May 20, 2018 at 9:17 pm //

Wow. There were a few real classy comments. No wonder some of you idolize Duron Carter. You have the same attitude problems, just don’t have the same notoriety. Explains a lot. Insult old people, the NFL, overweight wives and I bet that made you real proud of yourself.

• Gasoline is legal in this country too, my friend.

If Carter was babbling about how much he loves to sniff Petro Canada’s premium grade, would he still be a hero to weak minded Apologists?

20. MR. Green // May 20, 2018 at 7:59 pm //

My hope is Duron is able to be recievers full time. With a better QB situation wether Collaros has a good year or not, Bridge should be better, he can easily get over 1500 yards.

• I would hope if Bridge was playing he could go over 1500 yards. Lol. Sorry had to do that. Your post reads kind of funny 🙂

21. Actually so does mine now that I re-read it. Dammit. Haha.

22. Albertabound // May 20, 2018 at 8:21 pm //

Stupid of him transporting it on an airplane. But I think it’s a lot better for these players to smoke a little grass instead of taking painkillers and opiates for pain. Weed isn’t a performance enhancer and the public’s perception on it has changed. Smoking is about as accpectable as drinking so who cares. Considering the amount of opiate abuse used by athletes this seems like a far better path for pain management.

23. Scottsask // May 20, 2018 at 8:26 pm //

What would 3downnation post if not for Duron and Manziel. Pretty light on actual football content considering camps opened today.

24. riders34 // May 20, 2018 at 8:38 pm //

At Rider Camp today: new RB is FAST with great moves, BJ Daniels looked awesome , Rides could be cutting the new back up in Winnipeg or Calgary by camos end !!! but ALL QB’s looked good on day 1 Rider camp . This team is fast fast fast fast : Messam in camp rocking a 22year olds physique and great enthusiasm, Travis Bond running extra wind sprints with QB Marquise Wiliams : CO2, Jefferson , Roselelt connecting and haming it up with camp onlookers, about 400-500 + at grifiths today at least Only negative was after looking awesome Jake HArdy went down with a knee issue that didn’t look good, helped off the turf.

• Awesome 34….I assume this is your account of today’s events ?

• riders34 // May 20, 2018 at 9:41 pm //

yea it was , again the guys looed good for day 1 high energy.. BB, Naman , Clark , Messam , Owens , spent time engaging railbird fans post practice thanking the folks for coming out ext. player s hung out about 20-30 min after practice was done, this team has a great feel to it , know its only first day , but they might have something special cookin ‘ for the year. guys seem realy engaged right of f the hop.

• Greenland // May 20, 2018 at 9:05 pm //

Nice job 34. Good to hear about football.

25. Always a good laugh to get trading camp reports from Rider Fan.

A few years ago one guy attending trading camp proclaimed a LB named Chad Kilgore was dominating camp and destined for greatness.

As soon as I saw Kilgore play, it was obvious that he was hopeless.

Naturally, Rider Apologists were apoplectic to hear such blasphemy about one of their heroes and tried desperately to have my comments and assessments censored. As if that was going to somehow change the reality that Kilgore was terrible.

He played a half dozen or so games and then mercifully had his career euthanized by Regina, never to be seen on a pro football field again.

• Greenland // May 20, 2018 at 9:37 pm //

Ya your right 51 we should all go through life and be negative like you. Cheer up man. Life is too short to be that miserable.

• riders34 // May 20, 2018 at 9:56 pm //

Just commenting on what I saw 51′, not planning a HOF bust for anyone ont he field today or a grey cup parade for the riders just yet, lol . As I am no expert I can only say I like what I saw and am glad football is back — but for example things change fast , Jake Hardy was looking great in his first 6 routes ///then he got contact came down to the turf with an apparent knee injury on the very next 1 and might be lost for a extended period of time, point being its all to early to predict the season but its gonna be fun watching the next few weeks shape up. But I like our guys just sayin’

• Kinda sucks that we had more fans at camp than you have during regular season in the armpit of Canada

• You’re preaching to the choir, my friend.

I’m the first to acknowledge that Toronto is a terrible sports city and specifically, a horrible football city. Nobody in Toronto cared about the NFL or NCAA football either.

• World is a changin. Toronto use to be a huge CFL city.

• Duececoupe // May 21, 2018 at 10:23 am //

The Argo fans don’t show up because some loud mouth obnoxious fan is always there disrupting the game with negative rude comments . Argo fans pass it off saying he must be drunk but I hear he doesn’t drink , smoke pot or sniff Winnipeg gas .

• thethinman // May 21, 2018 at 1:40 am //

Rider fans will watch anything in Green. Doesn’t mean it’s must see viewing. Last year Brian Bennett jumped tall buildings but the show was a casualty before TV season began. Daniels – meh. Messam – 33 is the new 22? If I’ve heard it from a Rider fan it must be true.

26. Whocares // May 20, 2018 at 9:54 pm //

Area 51 is all u do all day is read 3downnation articles and comment? Wow what a sad existence really u ever think of that?

• I’m here to educate and enlighten people about CFL players/coaches/teams, my friend.

It can be a thankless task and certainly one that’s never ending, as you can see from some of the misguided comments in these threads.

27. Greenland // May 20, 2018 at 9:59 pm //

Bet he’s never been a Santa at Christmas.

28. Whocares // May 20, 2018 at 10:03 pm //

I’ve discovered this website about a year ago and all I see is this probably 45 year old man in his moms basement commenting on every article makes me wonder about how sad his life really is wow!

29. Mr Red. // May 20, 2018 at 10:13 pm //

I’m back. Was helping my Dad all afternoon clear off his Deck for resurfacing, sorry first comment since early this afternoon!- I’m no one else!
    Anyways, what a fool so instead of showing remorse and embarrassment he tries to spin this and glorify it?
    What more evidence do rider fan need that this guy is a complete narcissist, who is so immature and distanced from understanding anything in life???
    What is it about his character that would indicate this guy has the focus, desire and maturity to take his game to another level and to take on a leadership role?
    Really guys, you waste so much on this guy, Is numbers have stagnated, he’s showing no improvements at all and I doubt that will change playing defense.

• What about Johnny, Red? Did Hamilton waste all that money on Johnny Manziel for nothing? Afterall, you committed yourself as Hamilton’s #1 fan with the signing of Johnny. Don’t disappoint us Red now.

• You just waste time Red. Simple as that.

30. Whocares // May 20, 2018 at 10:16 pm //

And mr.red wow same question are u that sad you read every article? And reply again what a sad existence

31. Whocares // May 20, 2018 at 10:29 pm //

I’m a bomber fan on this thread and the comments from them 2 and yoshi make me wanna never come me back to this site wow

32. Bleeding Green // May 20, 2018 at 10:29 pm //

Even Rider fans have to admit this guy is kind of an dumb*ss. He’s not helping himself. His stats have never even been that of someone that I would say is worth the headache and embarrassing headlines. One handed catches are cool, but Duron Carter isn’t the best receiver in the CFL. Duron Carter isn’t even the best receiver on the Riders. Honestly I wont miss him when he inevitably f*cks up and we cut him. If CJ has the balls.

• Mr Red. // May 20, 2018 at 10:35 pm //

Duron’s numbers have never improved. They are stagnant. He has to reach a new level of maturity and commitment to improve.
      and yes it’s hard to imagine why rider fans will not admit this guy is a total jack***

• Green&Gold // May 20, 2018 at 10:38 pm //

See. Knew you couldn’t go without cutting a player or management down. You are pathetic.

• Mr Red. // May 20, 2018 at 10:39 pm //

This is an story about the player I’m cutting down. And quite frankly someone who deserves to be cut down

• Wouldn’t expect anything less from you

• Speaking of people who need to be cut down, go look in the mirror Red. You are an embarrassment to us real Stamps fans. Quit acting like such a dummy. My god if I ever saw you in person I’d give you a smack upside the head, something your Father never had the courage to do evidently.

• Bleeding Green // May 20, 2018 at 10:48 pm //

I said “Rider fans have to admit” Red… So are you finally admitting you’re a closet Rider crazy??

• I appreciate your objective analysis.

It’s refreshing to see something other than pom pom waving Apologists gushing about how everything is wonderful with all aspects of their team.

• Bleeding Green // May 20, 2018 at 10:59 pm //

If i was the fan of another team on the outside looking in, I might think it was funny. But Id be embarrassed for the fan base. Even in the offseason he managed to do things that made me smh. Now that camp is here, it’s only gonna get worse with cameras around.

• Duececoupe // May 21, 2018 at 10:33 am //

I would take a positive optimistic Pom Pom waving attitude than your rediculous negative one . You have nothing good to say about the gc champ Argos yet you proclaim to be a fan of theirs .

33. Whocares // May 20, 2018 at 10:39 pm //

He is one of the best receivers in the league and yet u try dismiss that I have no idea why even if u don’t cheer for them

• Mr Red. // May 20, 2018 at 10:43 pm //

He was statistically the 10th best receiver in the league, that means every team in the league, including the riders, could have had a better receive than Duron C

• As mention previously, Carter is not even the best receiver on his team – – nevermind being among the best in the league.

Very similar to John Manziel – – both have acknowledged substance abuse problems, both are more concerned with self promotion in the media than with improving their game, both were quickly dismissed by the NFL.

• Duececoupe // May 21, 2018 at 10:40 am //

And just when did carter ever ever say he has a substance abuse problem?
        You once made a comment how at away games you are so loud and obnoxious that fans throw things at you , you have been banned from numerous websites . If there was a player on any CFL team that talked to the media and fans the way you do he would be despised . You don’t drink or smoke pot but you do have a lot more mental issues than a mellow fun loving guy like carter that smokes pot .
        You actually sound kinda going postal dangerous.

34. Billinburlington // May 20, 2018 at 10:45 pm //

I enjoy watching Carter play football and engaging with CFL followers. I don’t enjoy the negative side of Carter ( including when he gets himself into legal trouble).

I have to laugh at this article… typical Carter stirring the pot for amusement sake. … comparing Rider Green to Cannabis… wonder if he is responding under a pseudonym. What a hot dog! I truly hope he is taking the charges seriously – potentially serious consequences if he is convicted to the full extent of the legislation.

• Bleeding Green // May 20, 2018 at 10:57 pm //

Thats what bothers me as a Rider fan. The banter is funny and the tweets whatever they’re great. DC is a fun guy. No doubt about it. But he has an outstanding case against him, and then this? Its embarrassing, and thats why I question how long Rider fans wanna put up w this guy. Clearly we’re the only team in NA that wanted him, and he’s not taking it v seriously. Call Red crazy but he’s got a point here.

• Duececoupe // May 21, 2018 at 10:49 am //

See there you go judging carter without acually grasping his comments . He does joke around and not take things as serious as you think he should , he made a comment that some people just don’t get him . His teammates get him , when rob bag on camera after a play told carter he was the best guy he ever played with says a lot more than carter playing with the media. The same rob bagg that played with dressier , getzlaf , Durant etc .
        Lighten up people the charges aren’t serious and he is just trying to have fun playing a game .

35. Mr Red. // May 20, 2018 at 10:59 pm //

so why won’t any rider fan (other than Bleeding Green) comment on these actions? Why can’t you do it?

• Why can’t you SHUT UP already.

• Mr Red. // May 20, 2018 at 11:11 pm //

you silence speak more than words ever could………you want to defend he but know you can’t. So you’ll stay silent as to not give me any satisfaction

• True green // May 21, 2018 at 1:06 am //

I’ll comment. DC is a dummy for getting in legal trouble not once but twice. He doesn’t help his own cause by commenting about weed in an interview.

What I wish for is that he would focus himself on his positive athletic attributes and his general love for people more as thats what Rider fans really like him for.

• True green // May 21, 2018 at 1:08 am //

Well, we liked him for his pick 6 against BLM too. That would be his best attribute.

36. Scottsask // May 20, 2018 at 11:28 pm //

Disappointed in the release if Marshall today, Marcus Thigpen looked faaast. Hope he’s clean.

37. Scottsask // May 20, 2018 at 11:35 pm //

Correct.

38. Scottsask // May 20, 2018 at 11:37 pm //

There was a big receiver #84 that stood out among the #2’s. Caleb Holley stood out against the #2’s as well.

39. Whocares // May 20, 2018 at 11:40 pm //

omg Area 51 and mr.red you cannot help yourselves must comment get a life wow done with this website can’t stand them to much for me

• You sound pretty touchy about this thread, my friend. Maybe you need a few puffs to take the edge off?

Just don’t try going across the border with it like Pothead Carter. And definitely don’t hit any of the hard stuff like Crackhead Carter.

40. Scottsask // May 20, 2018 at 11:40 pm //

I think good. He may have been wearing #32 so I actually thought he was Cam Marshall. Caught the ball very well out of the backfield. Jerome Messam also made several great catches, even though I always thought his hands were suspect.

• Ya….he was always hit and miss with swing passes etc. Rider34 Said he was in game shape though ??

Prospects on O Line ??

41. Mr Red. // May 20, 2018 at 11:45 pm //

Did Carter get across the border without authorities finding drugs?

42. Scottsask // May 20, 2018 at 11:48 pm //

I’ve never been a fan of Messam, but he looked in tremendous shape. Didn’t see much of the offensive or Defensive lineman, they were in the opposite end zone. Jeremy Zver was taking snaps at center. Sam Hurl looked like Sam Hurl………

• Bleeding Green // May 21, 2018 at 12:01 am //

What is the status w Richardson? Why is he suspended/can he come back? No I didn’t read the article, just saw the headline.

• I read he has a family member who is not well ?

• Bleeding Green // May 21, 2018 at 12:11 am //

But what does “suspended” mean? Its not disciplinary? You know what? I should read the article.

• I think it has to do with not “showing for camp” don’t think it’s a suspension per say”

• Much appreciated Scott, thank you.

• I love Messam’s game – – he’s exactly the kind of bruising back you need to pick up tough yardage and grind out the clock in November – – although the was terribly misused the past two years in Calgary. And he’s a legit starting NI.

• Bleeding Green // May 21, 2018 at 12:24 am //

Who was that BEAST in Wpg a few years ago? I remember him running train on the Riders …it took like 12 guys to bring him down. Name is on the tip of my tongue. He went to the NFL. Wanna say Redskins?

43. Mr Red. // May 20, 2018 at 11:54 pm //

Wow impressive
    Veterans looking amazing aginst a bunch of guys in their first day of a pro training camp. Way to go Messam and Thigpen

• Bleeding Green // May 21, 2018 at 12:05 am //

Honestly Red I’ve tried to stand up for you on here before. But you’re just gonna get your @ss kicked by someone one of these days if you don’t just shut up if you have nothing positive to add. We are Rider fans talking about our camp. We dont need your incessant, negative, inevitable, comments every. single. time.

• Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 12:12 am //

6 comments exist on here from this afternoon that mention me in a derogatory way and where unanswered and unprovoked by me. Yet I have no right to punch back???
        The fact is, this is an article about Carter, not the events of riders camp today.
        Get over it

• Bleeding Green // May 21, 2018 at 12:17 am //

The fact is, Those are trolls. You are a troll. What goes around comes around. This thread happened to evolve into a couple of fans asking another who was at the camp about the camp. Threads usually go off topic, Usually because of YOU taking a random story and turning it into a Rider argument.

• Buzz off

• Bleeding Green // May 21, 2018 at 12:20 am //

Everyone EXPECTED you to be the 1st to comment on a DC story and you didn’t. When you finally did, you gave us the reason why you weren’t 1st in line. So there you go. …And if this is a Carter story, your previous comment about Messam and Thigpen doesn’t mention him. It is an immature attempt to provoke. If you really are 45, grow the f*ck up.

• Yes Red get over it. Christ you’re embarrassing. I’m sure I’m not the first to say but he doesn’t represent us all. That said, I was at Stamps camp today and oh boy, a lot of guys looked out of shape and lots of guys were simply messing around without direction. I hope Dave can pull the group together.

• True green // May 21, 2018 at 1:15 am //

Yet you found the article on Trent Richardson to be the right platform for your comments in Stampeders camp? Just upset 3DN didn’t bother with a Stamps article so you decided to hijack a Riders article?

• If ignorance is bliss, you must be the happiest person on the planet.

44. Riders34 // May 21, 2018 at 12:17 am //

ahh great comments Scott : would agree for the most part. Huges looked fast on d-line as well , might if staying healthy have a huge impact and be a great mentor for Anthega this year. Was nice to see Cam Judge getting some time with the 1’s lb’s , Bladzec looked good from what I saw re oline as well. But was hard to judge lb’s and linemen with out pads on – all practices this year are no pads, so o real contact till game day. IMO we will know more after next Sunday vs Esks, how it all shakes down. oh and Nic James moved well for a big ole bowling ball DT– , lol , ps form those tht didn’t know, CO2 is VERRY short, lol 5’10 my , butt !!!– he looked very good as well today for a ole guy !!lol

45. Scottsask // May 21, 2018 at 12:18 am //

Goodnight all, talk tomorrow.

46. Scottsask // May 21, 2018 at 12:33 am //

One last thing Travis Bond is freaking HUGE! Goodnight Rider Nation.

47. I’ll provide meaningful updates if and when Stamps articles ever get posted.

• Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 12:55 am //

one already did tonight on Derek Dennis.

• True green // May 21, 2018 at 1:25 am //

I’d appreciate that. Personally I think the Stamps are an outstanding organization that most teams could learn from but on this website it’s hard to stay unbiased towards them when Red is constantly nattering about how wonderful they are and he’s such an instigating ass towards everything Riders. I’m a Rider fan first but I watch most cfl games. I appreciate all other teams. I wanted to cheer for the Stamps last GC but I couldn’t bring myself to do it knowing Red is out there. When BLM threw the game away I had to smile a little knowing what it would do to the little Fluffer.

• Green&Gold // May 21, 2018 at 1:45 am //

I read CFLHorsemen to find unbiased and legit stamps news. Basically it’s the opposite of what Red says.

• Lancaster/Reed // May 21, 2018 at 2:18 am //

Opposite of what red says. Well, that is how reality works.

• Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 9:30 am //

Unbiased? Tell that to rider fans next time a negative story comes out about Jones

• Green&Gold // May 21, 2018 at 11:21 am //

I was giving props to the stamps fan forum. Give it a rest.

• Red. You’ve been kicked off Horseman? Wow. Are you proud of that? And I agree with the above, it’s basically the opposite of everything you say. At any rate, you seem clueless about what’s really happening with my Stamps so I suspect it won’t be long before you are kicked off this site as well. And as for Jones articles, frankly you are the only one who spews negative non sense ad nauseum.

• thethinman // May 21, 2018 at 11:06 am //

Yes, you’re a mensch. Except for that Red thing.

48. fannotacoach // May 21, 2018 at 1:51 am //

Interesting comment made by DC:
    Carter admitted Sunday at Griffiths Stadium that he’s concerned about his future — “You should be worried about being in any type of legal trouble,” he said after the Roughriders’ first training-camp session — but he’s not concerned about his reputation.
    Maybe there is hope!

49. Lancaster/Reed // May 21, 2018 at 2:20 am //

Fun fact. Carter is the only player to score points on offense, defense, and special teams last season.

50. MR. Green // May 21, 2018 at 2:33 am //

Coach said St John was looking great last week in Regina working out but tweaked a hammy. Hopefully he can get reps soon. I want him to push for a tackle position.
    I’d like to hear more about Gary Wilkins who is battling with Nick James. Apparently they really liked him last year but was injured and never played.
    That #84 they were talking about above would be Jordan Williams-Lambert 24, out of Ball State.

• Great to hear this stuff Green. Did notice some kid (skinnydick) is off shifts from McDonald’s so I’m sure he will chirp shortly.

51. oldriderfan // May 21, 2018 at 8:50 am //

“How often do I have to tell you kids to quit fighting!”

52. Scottsask // May 21, 2018 at 9:20 am //

Turn the car around!

• I read some takeaways from camp this morning Scott. Sounds like the O line is taking shape, Including left tackle. Now if we can stay healthy

53. thethinman // May 21, 2018 at 11:10 am //

First day of camp, ladies & gentlemen, & we have a left tackle.

54. Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 11:11 am //

Area 51………….you around this morning?
    Congratulations! You caught ire of Mr Duron Carter! He’s talking about you on twitter and posted one of your 3downnation comments!
    lol awesome!

• thethinman // May 21, 2018 at 11:27 am //

Carter’s on the defensive. We found a CB.

• Hahaha truly pathetic. Dream about him all night then leap out of your Scooby-Doo comforter and jump on Carters twitter. What a clown

• Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 11:53 am //

Does that change the fact Duron C is clearly distracted as he heads onto the field for day 2 of camp? (FYI- day 2 of camp is a lot harder than day 1)
        I love how you guys just gloss over this stuff

• Doesn’t change the fact that you are a sick and twisted stalker.

• You are so concerned with the Riders, yet our Stamps are in much hotter water. You are very strange Red. Do you have an inferiority complex? I think you do.

• well let’s hope it’s much more difficult on day 2 for my Stamps because what I saw yesterday was disorganization and no control over a lot of the players.

• Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 1:10 pm //

Really? I was there in the morning yesterday and just got home from today’s AM session.
            Looks like a typical, very organized, high paced, efficient and high competitive camp to me.
            Saw the caterers bring in players lunch, high quality food. Food of champions.
            Not like the corn bread and wieners the riders serve- Jones favorites.

• Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 1:30 pm //

Where do you sit Harold?
            What’s your favorite in game promotion?

• You haven’t left the dark hole all day – get serious. You’ve been here yapping like always.

Then like the creep that you are you jump on your own fan base asking about “favorite promotions”??? You seriously need to get your head read!!!

• Lancaster/Reed // May 21, 2018 at 2:15 pm //

Red, you have so many questions about duron, why dont you use your real name on twitter and ask him yourself? Oh yeah, that’s right. Youre gutless. It was truly a lol moment when you were blasting kahlil carter a little while ago, he responds to you personally, and you ran away like a p*ssy, never to respond in that thread again. It really showed your character. Or complete lack of character that is.

• Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 2:51 pm //

That was you wasn’t it?

• Lancaster/Reed // May 21, 2018 at 4:40 pm //

Nope. Ive only been me. I believe it actually was kahlil in person. And you p*ssied out as soon as you were personally confronted by a subject of your vitriol. Red, aka, the gutless wonder of cowtown. A proud moment for you, im sure. “Mommy, mommy, help. Kahlil is coming after me.” Lmfao. It was awesome to see you shut up and cower.

• Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 4:47 pm //

To be honest I don’t remember the comment. Oh well, I don’t have to worry. I was paying his salary anyways.
            But you go run to twitter, find Carter and tattle on me. I know you will

• Lancaster/Reed // May 21, 2018 at 5:05 pm //

Well, carter obviously reads 3down, and has said as much, so i dont need to let him know. And you don’t remember kahlil’s comment? Just a coincidence you stopped commenting on that story seconds after he called you out? Well, it is true sociopaths think they are the only “real” people, so its easy to ignore what others say. So gutless wonder? Not man enough to put your own name on your comments to duron? Not surprised in the least.

55. Tiger man // May 21, 2018 at 11:14 am //

Likely the jersey is made from hemp….

56. Skinnydick…I thought mornings were much busier on the colony ? Best service the animals, and wash your kin the before Jebidiah finds you naked behind the barn on your cellular communication device.

Run along

57. Whoa. Duron put Rickey Foley’s brother Do on blast today via twitter! Aka Area51.

58. *brother Don Foley that is. Aka Area51. rickey should tell his brother to stay in his lane!

• I always liked Ricky Foley. Apparently his parents liked him more too.

• Lancaster/Reed // May 21, 2018 at 2:37 pm //

Ricky was quite the ladies man as a player from what ive heard. I suspect thats another thing different about the 2 brothers.

• Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 2:50 pm //

Then he must of hated Regina, unless you consider a heifer to be a lady.

• Lancaster/Reed // May 21, 2018 at 4:15 pm //

Calgary is called cowtown for a reason. It has a lot more heifers than just your mom.

59. For a guy who fancies himself a “shameless expert level troll” I’m surprised at how easy it was to get into his head.

Amusing to see a lunch invite – – I suppose I should be flattered by it? Evidently you know who I am so hit me up when Regina visits Toronto in September, my friend.

Assuming you’re still in the league at that point.

60. Red we have lost the last two grey cups and you speak of food of champions? Did you fly to Toronto or something? Again it’s no wonder you are not well liked anywhere. Tell you my favourite promotion? What are we teenage girls?

• Lancaster/Reed // May 21, 2018 at 4:34 pm //

Regular season champs is all red cares about. The back to back grey cup losses are an afterthought , much like his decency.

• Mr Red. // May 21, 2018 at 4:43 pm //

And off season speculation is the favorite time of year for ridernation. They win the cup every February, just ask them.

• You asking? Okay I’ll answer on behalf of Rider Nation. No Red you doofus, we do not win the cup in February. Much like the Stamps don’t win it in Movember, unless they get a phantom call from the refs? Am I right TiCat fans?!